Shemiran, Darband, Tehran.
Establishment of the foundation the Martyrs of the Islamic Republic Addressee: Mahdi Karroubi
جلد ۱۲ صحیفه امام خمینی (ره)، از صفحه ۱۶۱ تا صفحه ۱۶۲
In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful
His Eminence Haj Shaykh Mahdi Karroubi, May God be with him,
The noble nation of Iran knows that the Islamic appraisal and the victory of the Islamic Revolution are due to the sacrifices rendered by the various classes among the nation. In the first row came the martyrs of the Revolution (May the mercy of God be on them) and those who have become bodily disabled. Therefore, a due care of the families of the martyrs and the bodily disabled ones should be taken. The care should be stretched prior to the Revolution and during and after it in the best manner and reverence to them.
So it is necessary to establish an organization under supervision and with committees consisting of religious trustworthy persons being aware of these matters. To reach these important purposes useful plans must be drawn and carried out. By doing so, the nation and the Revolutionary government could fulfill their debt to this group that rendered sacrifices in the way of Islam and the Revolution. The parliament is obliged to approve a suitable budget to start this important project. They should accelerate the process of carrying out this job. The government and the ones in charge are bound to execute the followings:
1. Priority in educational side: They enjoy an easy and quick access to school and colleges.
2. Priority in Service: The families of martyrs and bodily disabled ones should be accorded appointments in the government services. Those who can work should be given jobs in the government.
3. Free cards should be provided for them for their boarding buses within the cities without charge.
4. Economical priority, land, house, necessities of life and all other needed things should be provided for them.
5. Boarding cards at 50 value should be provided to them for their boarding in buses between provinces, trains and air planes.
6. Especial pocket notebooks should be prepared for them enabling them to make purchases from cooperative stores pertaining to the government.
7. Insurance health services should be given to them. Cards should be provided for buying medicine.
8. Monthly salaries according to the number of their household members should be paid to them who are unable to work. This is for the disabled ones and the martyrs' families.
9. Programs should be prepared for broadcasting in radio under control of disabled ones and the families of the martyrs.
10. The organization is bound without delay to extend medical treatment to the disabled ones and the injured ones. In the case of need for treating them abroad, due to the suggestion of physicians, the necessary facilities for their journey with whole expenses should be arranged.
In the meantime, I would like to remark here that the organization in some of the above said items if confronted with any difficulty or in case of negligence on the part of any of the officials concerned, it should be brought to my notice to rectify or attend the matter as I may deem fit.
Rouhullah al-Mousawi al-Khomeini